Sunday, December 12, 2010

Gnomebliteration

I have a decent amount of screenshots from the new Cataclysm zones & intend to publish them in a blog about my 1st week of the new expansion, but today's quest was just too much fun.

So far I've completed all quests in Vashj'ir & Mount Hyjal which took me to level 84, & now I am leveling in Uldum, which is a gorgeous desert/oasis zone with a lot of Indiana Jones references. Most recently I did a questline which I suspect may be making a reference to William Gibson but simply culminated in the most fun quest I have ever received in this game, called Gnomebliteration.

Basically, Gnomebliteration involves gaining control over a rapidly rolling fireball which picks up, tosses, & burns (not necessarily in that order) any of the multitude of Crazed Gnomes in the quest area. You only have one control besides direction, which is to roll FASTER. However, this is not the best part of this quest.

The gnomes scream.

Occasionally you hear one of them exclaim "No!" or "What the-" but for the most part it's just wordless screaming of horror & despair.

I couldn't stop laughing.


I wasn't that excited about this expansion, but I think this is my favorite one yet.

1 comment:

  1. My fav is when you run over the ones in the mechanospider things and they stick to the fireball. I guess I get bored quickly though cuz it was only funny until about 5-600 then I was like cant these guys stand in bigger groups?

    ReplyDelete