Thursday, September 1, 2011

Alysrazor & Baleroc DEWN


I really enjoyed both Alysrazor & Baleroc. I actually don't care much for the Beth'tilac fight; it's not hard but it's just annoying because of all the target switching. Also having to look for the targets to switch to is a bitch; the little spiders come from random directions & I constantly have to be looking for them & the spinners are often out of my range of sight because they are dangling up above my head.

And I am so over AE already. Once you've been Fire spec it's just not fun in any other spec.

For me, Rhyolith is marginally more fun not just because there is less target switching but because it reminds me of that drunken steering game you can play on bar touchscreens. Also, it's completely possible to avoid dying if we end up wiping. Much less running.

I don't have any screenshots of Shannox, although I should. Chances are you wouldn't be able to discern much with all the glowy traps all over the ground, anyway.

Alysrazor took awhile. It was at least 2 Tuesdays, & then we (they... I wasn't on) got her on a Wednesday. Jahni ("Maverick") switched to Fire for air duty on this fight. Thanks Jahni. I did get into the air once, when we lost one of our tanks & she was at fairly low health. Whoever could get in the air & dps grabbed feathers. I managed to stay up there for 3 or 4 hoops & then Fique told me to just die because apparently I was the last one alive & everyone was just waiting. So I dropped to the ground & found myself out of combat; Alysrazor had despawned. And I got to cast my first ever mass rezz.

Alysrazor is actually another boss fight in which it is relatively easy to sneak out of survive a wipe. I didn't even have to use Invis; I just ran to the farthest corner of the area.

We downed Baleroc tonight after (I'm guessing) 5 or 6 attempts. Within an hour, anyway. The hardest part of this encounter was managing the Torment from the shards. I guess the magic number of stacks to switch was 12, at least for me & Jahni. Baron was bored.
Thanks everyone for being awesome. This is good shit. =)

1 comment:

  1. I can see myself! I'm the one wearing the chef hat who's making sure that Seki doesn't put Shadeth in a choke hold next to the mini-keg.

    ReplyDelete